E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

IJF Kata Competition Criteria?

rjamescook

IJF Kata Competition Criteria? Empty IJF Kata Competition Criteria?

Post by rjamescook Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:44 am

Hi,

I am interested in the rules and criteria for judging kata competitions. Last year, some individuals posted several documents on the old forum (Kata> Kata Competition>IJF Kata Competition Evaluation Criteria), but the links have not worked for some time and I can't seem to find the documents online. In fact, this information has not, as far as I can tell, been posted on the websites of the IJF or the English speaking NGBs. Does anyone have copies of the following (all previously posted on the other forum) that they would be willing to share here?

IJF Kata Competition Rules 2010
    EJU Koshiki & Isutsu no kata Guidelines 2010
    "Official Handbooks" for Nage no Kata, Katame no Kata, Ju no Kata, Kime no Kata, and Kodokan Goshinjitsu

Thank you,
    James
    Ki-ichi

IJF Kata Competition Criteria? Empty IJF Kata

Post by Ki-ichi Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm

For IJF requirements see the judo victoria website (judovictoria dot com dot au) "Rules" tab "kata rules" item
    IJF is not yet contesting koshiki-no-kata or itsutsu-no-kata
    rjamescook

IJF Kata Competition Criteria? Empty Re: IJF Kata Competition Criteria?

Post by rjamescook Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:28 am

Kelly palmer wrote:At the recent World Championships in Pordenone Italy in September 2012, some people were talking about there being a 2012 version - but even the judges that I talked to there didn't have it!

Thank you both for your help. You have touched upon the fundamental problem, which is that the rules should be posted on the official IJF website for all competitors to see.

It is difficult to understand why the most recent rules are not available except through an internet forum or random file-sharing sites. Are they "secret"? Downloading them from unofficial sites works, but there is no guarantee that they are correct or up-to-date. Still, who am I to quibble about such details when the judges are uncertain of what is happening?

Best wishes and good luck with your kata,
    James
    rjamescook

Post by rjamescook Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 am

I seem to have found the answers to all of my questions at http://www.swisskata.ch/wsb/
    Look under Education >Documents pédagogiques / Didaktik-Documente

Best,
    James

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 pm