E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

This Is Your Brain on Body Language.

ThePieman
    ThePieman

This Is Your Brain on Body Language. Empty This Is Your Brain on Body Language.

Post by ThePieman Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolkinseygoman/2013/02/26/this-is-your-brain-on-body-language/
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

This Is Your Brain on Body Language. Empty Re: This Is Your Brain on Body Language.

Post by genetic judoka Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:32 am

good read, but I was hoping it would be more in depth. also, it could be argued that this need not be in the off topic forum.
    icb
    icb

This Is Your Brain on Body Language. Empty Re: This Is Your Brain on Body Language.

Post by icb Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 am

genetic judoka wrote:good read, but I was hoping it would be more in depth. also, it could be argued that this need not be in the off topic forum.

I read the PNAS journal article (to which the Forbes blog refers) at lunch time today. There is a lot of interesting details in the original article. Since you are a college student, perhaps you can get institutional access to the on-line version when on campus?!?

They only looked at fairly basic (i.e., immediate, spontaneous) acts of celebration or dejection. Given previous discussion on the judo fora about some judoka who take their post-victory celebrations a bit too far (in many people's opinions, at least), it would be interesting to see if there is some innate/inherited disposition towards the more extreme forms of celebration, or if they are a learned behavior or a personality trait, as is usually inferred when people frown upon such over-the-top celebrations.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:04 pm