E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+10
Udon
sodo
Quicksilver
seatea
BillC
ThePieman
JudoSensei
Stacey
wdax
Hanon
14 posters

Same old nonsense, new forum

Hanon

Same old nonsense, new forum Empty Same old nonsense, new forum

Post by Hanon Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:12 am

Are we really going to have the same old nonsense here that we suffered on the old JF?

No one who writes here, admin, member or whatever is salaried. To that end no one is entitled to a damn thing. This is a hobby and a free forum to come and share knowledge and ideas about judo.

It is crystal clear that old scores are still trying to be settled here that hark back to the old JF. its puerile and embarrassing to see such behaviour. I will have no part in such behaviour.
    Is it too much to request that we just be allowed to post here as we are without the sense of entitlement to personal information?

We need to maintain a cross section from all experiences, ranks, ages and gender here, its vital to the health of a forum. If members feel so strongly that a posters personal information be made public here then perhaps we could start to pay for a posters knowledge? As I write no one here is paid for what they post and pass on. Some of us have paid in every sense of the word to gain what judo knowledge we have. If it becomes a point where intrusion into privacy becomes part of threads then I think it fair and square that those who challenge a persons identity and rank etc employ the services of the questioned poster so a full CV may be sent with a professional answer to the questions requested and a professional fee be paid.

In other words if you want a free forum were posters post and give their knowledge for free than accept what is written for what it is. If you require a more professional reply then pay for it as one would expect from any professional group.

This forum is desperately short of senior posters who are willing to assist other posters who may pass incorrect information. I can see them being driven away. This would be a disaster for all concerned.

It is a privilege to post here not a right. Lets respect each other for how and what we write here.

Mike
    wdax

Same old nonsense, new forum Empty Re: Same old nonsense, new forum

Post by wdax Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:23 am

Is it really worth taking the time to talk about this? I think, wie should focus on replying to arguments, if there are any. A single line, that wie hold privacy in high esteem should be enough for those who ask for such Information.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:38 am

wdax wrote:Is it really worth taking the time to talk about this? I think, wie should focus on replying to arguments, if there are any. A single line, that wie hold privacy in high esteem should be enough for those who ask for such Information.

Hi Dax sensei. Yes it is worth talking about. I have written about it BECAUSE I have seen a thread derailed by such behaviour and it would be so nice if that could be the end of it.

How are things with you? Any news from your part of the world?

Kindest regards,

Mike
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 am

Report offending content. we will take care of it. Might take us a while - admins are all over the place and have this thing called "judo practice" and "work" to attend to, but we will get to it.

Ignore the offending content in the interim, and respond to the real arguments/questions.

That's my best suggestion for keeping one's blood pressure down. And, trust me, we are keeping track; we won't see the same derailment time and time again from the same user. BUT, you've gotta do your part: report and be patient.
    JudoSensei
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:14 am

Hanon wrote:
    This forum is desperately short of senior posters who are willing to assist other posters who may pass incorrect information. I can see them being driven away. This would be a disaster for all concerned.

It is a privilege to post here not a right. Lets respect each other for how and what we write here.

Mike

How do you know if the forum is short of senior posters since most of the members are anonymous? I don't see why it would drive away senior judoka to ask them for enough information to hold an intelligent discussion, or to ask whether their opinion is based on knowledge and experience. No one has to reveal anything or participate in any discussion, but if you express an opinion, some people will naturally expect that you are prepared to defend it. This is not the same as an invasion of privacy.
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 am

I am actually quite happy with the way the "belt" thread has gone, the nail that was sticking up was hammered down by many hammers. We cannot be over concerned with the fact that there was a nail sticking up to start with, its just the law of averages, we have 300 members now and to hope for 300 reasonable, rational members would not be realistic.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:41 am

JudoSensei wrote:
    Hanon wrote:

Mike

How do you know if the forum is short of senior posters since most of the members are anonymous? I don't see why it would drive away senior judoka to ask them for enough information to hold an intelligent discussion, or to ask whether their opinion is based on knowledge and experience. No one has to reveal anything or participate in any discussion, but if you express an opinion, some people will naturally expect that you are prepared to defend it. This is not the same as an invasion of privacy.

I think it best if I do not reply to your post. It may become very unpleasant.

Mike
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 am

Nobody forced to read anything, nobody forced to write anything, anyone that reads anything here and repeats it without qualifying the statement first is a fool.
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:59 am

Same old nonsense, new forum 635
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:05 am

ThePieman wrote:I am actually quite happy with the way the "belt" thread has gone, the nail that was sticking up was hammered down by many hammers. We cannot be over concerned with the fact that there was a nail sticking up to start with, its just the law of averages, we have 300 members now and to hope for 300 reasonable, rational members would not be realistic.

300 reasonable, rational members would be quite scary
    Quicksilver
    Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Hanon, with all due respect, I wonder whether you aren't allowing your frustration in this area to cloud your judgment. At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, it is an imperfect world (though even the term 'perfect' becomes potential fodder for lengthy philosophical debate) and issues like many of those associated with online forums and anonymity are inherent in the nature of those things; it becomes a matter of trying to find the best case scenario. One can discuss and debate as much as one likes, and it may well be interesting- in my opinion, the dynamics of online communities are fascinating- but it's not going to actually fix the perceived problem because the problem is not a flaw in the system but an unavoidable product of it. Perhaps it's best to just recognize and accept the limitations of this medium, work within them, and let the matter as a topic in itself go?
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 pm

ThePieman wrote:I am actually quite happy with the way the "belt" thread has gone, the nail that was sticking up was hammered down by many hammers. We cannot be over concerned with the fact that there was a nail sticking up to start with, its just the law of averages, we have 300 members now and to hope for 300 reasonable, rational members would not be realistic.

you talking about me? Laughing

atb

sodo
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 am

sodo wrote:

atb

sodo

Yes! Laughing
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:45 am

sodo wrote:

atb

sodo

Of course not, you're not half as bad as everyone tells me you are. Very Happy
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 am

ThePieman wrote:
    sodo wrote:

atb

sodo

Of course not, you're not half as bad as everyone tells me you are. Very Happy
    I have been on good (almost) behavior mode since I got here Rolling Eyes Mods have only told of twice which is not a bad average of only once a month Very Happy

atb

sodo
    atb

sodo
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:05 am

I feel partly to blame for your poor average as a member of the mod team; we shall redouble our efforts! Twisted Evil
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:05 am

sodo wrote:

Sodo outed ...

Udon
    Udon

Post by Udon Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 am

This might be a good time to thank the many posters who contribute to this forum. They share with us their knowledge of Judo and hopefully we all can learn from them. Posters like Hanon, Jonesy, CK, judorat, geneticjudoka, and many others are examples of " mutual benefit and welfare ". They offer us technical and philosophical insights into Judo. Kano Shihan would be pleased.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:52 am

Udon wrote:This might be a good time to thank the many posters who contribute to this forum. They share with us their knowledge of Judo and hopefully we all can learn from them. Posters like Hanon, Jonesy, CK, judorat, geneticjudoka, and many others are examples of " mutual benefit and welfare ". They offer us technical and philosophical insights into Judo. Kano Shihan would be pleased.

Thank you for taking the time to make that post. I can assure you its appreciated. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mike
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm

ThePieman wrote:I feel partly to blame for your poor average as a member of the mod team; we shall redouble our efforts! Twisted Evil

But I would like to point out that I am NOT responsible for carrying old arguments and animosities over from the old JF, DEFINITELY NOT Mad

I have gone to great pains to start NEW arguments and make NEWenemies Twisted Evil

But I do not understand the problem, you guys complain about the niveau of the posters then you let that drunken aussie leadbetter in bom

Its's all your own fault Razz

atb

sodo
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 am

Udon wrote:This might be a good time to thank the many posters who contribute to this forum. They share with us their knowledge of Judo and hopefully we all can learn from them. Posters like Hanon, Jonesy, CK, judorat, geneticjudoka, and many others are examples of " mutual benefit and welfare ". They offer us technical and philosophical insights into Judo. Kano Shihan would be pleased.

I do not feel I have done anything worthy of my efforts being recognized on the same list as the esteemed and very knowledgeable posters that precede me on that list. I merely make lots of posts, those guys actually help people. I can think of many who are not on that list that deserve recognition long before myself. but I assure you I am quite flattered.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 am

genetic judoka wrote:

I do not feel I have done anything worthy of my efforts being recognized on the same list as the esteemed and very knowledgeable posters that precede me on that list. I merely make lots of posts, those guys actually help people. I can think of many who are not on that list that deserve recognition long before myself. but I assure you I am quite flattered.

Hey genetic judo,

Don't be so modest. You have done lots of great things, even just this weekend:

http://news.yahoo.com/british-batman-turns-stan-delivery-man-152813599--sow.html
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:03 am

wdax wrote:Is it really worth taking the time to talk about this? I think, wie should focus on replying to arguments, if there are any. A single line, that we hold privacy in high esteem should be enough for those who ask for such Information.

I agree. Focus on the positive, be positive, and don't take anything personally (usually, LOL) works for me.

kiti
    kiti

Post by kiti Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 am

I agree with Udon's post. It's nice to be able to come here and read posters like Hanon, CK, Genetic, and others who contribute so much valuable information to the forum. If the forum was only people like me, there'd be nothing worth reading.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:02 am

kiti wrote:I agree with Udon's post. It's nice to be able to come here and read posters like Hanon, CK, Genetic, and others who contribute so much valuable information to the forum......

That is very kind of you to say so. The obverse being it is impossible to write here without a cross section of posters. I do my very best to see this forum as a family type of group. Dysfunctional at times BUT we are all dedicated to learning judo, the rest is just fluff. Every member has a story to tell and deserves listening to.

I enjoy your posts.

Thank you again for such a kind comment.

Hug,

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:14 pm