E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Saitoshi Ishii fighting open division?

judoratt
    judoratt

Saitoshi Ishii fighting open division? Empty Saitoshi Ishii fighting open division?

Post by judoratt Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 am

I heard a rumor today that Saitoshi Ishii is fighting the open division at sr nationals again. It was at the Cavalier hotel but not a USAJ offical. Again just rumor and nothing official yet. As soon as I hear anything else I will post.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Saitoshi Ishii fighting open division? Empty Re: Saitoshi Ishii fighting open division?

Post by judoratt Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:14 am

judoratt wrote:I heard a rumor today that Saitoshi Ishii is fighting the open division at sr nationals again. It was at the Cavalier hotel but not a USAJ offical. Again just rumor and nothing official yet. As soon as I hear anything else I will post.

USA Judo confirms Saitoshi Ishii will be fighting this weekend at Sr Nationals.

https://webpoint.usjudo.org/wp15/Email/ViewEmail.asp?ID=03846029&cx=drqpp&pz=drty_wfty_wx__&aq=tyv
    JakubMB

Saitoshi Ishii fighting open division? Empty Re: Saitoshi Ishii fighting open division?

Post by JakubMB Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Cool. I'm curious how he will fare. Always liked him and was quite saddened byt the fact he switched to MMA after the Beijing Olympics.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:50 am

JakubMB wrote:Cool. I'm curious how he will fare. Always liked him and was quite saddened byt the fact he switched to MMA after the Beijing Olympics.
    Two years ago when he fought he was on a whole other level than his competition. Like a hot knife through butter. I believe gj has video on YouTube
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:33 am

judoratt wrote:
    JakubMB wrote:Cool. I'm curious how he will fare. Always liked him and was quite saddened byt the fact he switched to MMA after the Beijing Olympics.
    Two years ago when he fought he was on a whole other level than his competition. Like a hot knife through butter. I believe gj has video on YouTube
    indeed I do, well, I have 2 of his 3 matches.

they account for a good 2/3rds of my total views.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    judoratt wrote:
    indeed I do, well, I have 2 of his 3 matches.

they account for a good 2/3rds of my total views.

That is what a hot knife through butter looks like. BTW

Btw great shot of judoratt in the second video center screen white gi sitting down. Very Happy
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Went to 711 yesterday just hapened to run in to Mr. Ishii and spoke with him he was a little shy. One question I asked was if he planed to do more judo after this tournamen, his answer was he didn't expect to.
    Javalina
    Javalina

Post by Javalina Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:44 am

judoratt wrote:Went to 711 yesterday just hapened to run in to Mr. Ishii and spoke with him he was a little shy. One question I asked was if he planed to do more judo after this tournamen, his answer was he didn't expect to.

It'd be a shame if he were to retire from Judo after the tournament. I am wondering if he's a US citizen now, since a couple of years back he wanted to represent the US at the next Olympics.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 am

Javalina wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Went to 711 yesterday just hapened to run in to Mr. Ishii and spoke with him he was a little shy. One question I asked was if he planed to do more judo after this tournamen, his answer was he didn't expect to.

It'd be a shame if he were to retire from Judo after the tournament. I am wondering if he's a US citizen now, since a couple of years back he wanted to represent the US at the next Olympics.

I think he is done but did look ok today. I also got to talk to him after the match he wasn't happy.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 pm

judoratt wrote:I think he is done but did look ok today. I also got to talk to him after the match he wasn't happy.

Understatement ... but he gave his blue top to one of Takahashi's younger players ... who was also in the same group. Nice gesture I thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:24 pm