E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Dream Competition Techniques

r12477

Dream Competition Techniques Empty Dream Competition Techniques

Post by r12477 Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:43 pm

I recently found myself musing on those techniques that I love seeing - and in many cases, then wishing that I could too perform - in competition.  For example, I have often found myself marvelling at the elegance of a strong uchi-mata in competition and sought to try the same in my own shiai.  Now while I may never be able to perform this technique with the same grace and style as Kosei Inoue or other world-class athletes, the intent of this thread to spark a conversation about favourite (dream) competition techniques.  

To start the ball rolling with my own list, with those that I have already been able to complete in shiai struck-out:

• Uchi-mata (alas, I don't have it on video)
    • Uchi-mata-sugashi (more by chance than good technique in competition last weekend)
    • Hane-goshi
    • Harai-goshi (really strong technique with tight fitting between tori and uke)
    • Sode-tsuri-komi-goshi
    • Ura-nage (done in randori, but not in shiai)
    • Yoko-wakare
    • Submission by kansetsu-waza (with an opportune waki-gatame in shiai last weekend)
    • Submission by shime-waza

What techniques or combinations are on your dream competition 'to-do' list?
    beyondgrappling

Dream Competition Techniques Empty Re: Dream Competition Techniques

Post by beyondgrappling Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:52 pm

flying armbar

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am