E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Judo 柔道 The search for ippon, NHK

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Judo 柔道 The search for ippon, NHK Empty Judo 柔道 The search for ippon, NHK

Post by Jonesy Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Judo 柔道 The search for ippon, NHK Empty Re: Judo 柔道 The search for ippon, NHK

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu May 22, 2014 11:35 pm

Jonesy wrote:

I think I have posted this video before and I seem to recall that there was quite a bit of discussion but I don't seem to be able to find it back. I thought I had put the word 'biomechanics' in the title.

I have two problems with this video:

1. I think that this voice-over is ridiculous and makes it more like a caricature, Americanizes and destroys a more Japanese atmosphere. I would have far more preferred subtitles that would have kept the original voices.

2. The combination national coach vs. white belt creates clichés in the sense of "if I do this, then you will do that". Perhaps this is likely with a white belt, but the reality is "if you do this on my, you have no clue what I will do".
    afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Post by afja_lm139 Fri May 23, 2014 2:19 am

While sensei didn’t elaborate much on this technique in the video beginning at 1:25, it is never the less important to understand that when someone forces you down they are making themselves lighter and off balance as well, so it is easier to apply throwing technique with this additional help. Kotani sensei always pointed this when we would practice. Anytime I was pull him or push down on him he would stop and warm me of my error, and then throw me down with no effort what so ever. He was a proponent in lightly gripping and feeling an opponent’s movements for his advantage

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm