E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+9
cuivien
Davaro
Cichorei Kano
heikojr
judoratt
Rensa
Hanon
wdax
genetic judoka
13 posters

a question regarding the use of real names

Poll

if you had to register under your real name would it change the way you post?

[ 0 ]
    a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_left0%a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_left25%a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_left0%a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_left25%a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 8 ]
    a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_left50%a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Empty Re: a question regarding the use of real names

Post by afulldeck Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 am

Davaro wrote:Whilst I have no problem giving my details to anyone that legitimately asks me for good reason, I would hessitate to "use" my real name and/or details to post under. There are several reasons;

1. ID Theft

2. Politics (In my local orginization. I may sometimes want to say things about them without fear of retribution)

3. Legal issues. I may sometimes give advice that may, without intention, lead to someone doing something and they point it back to me.

4. Others I can think of but are less important (such as making a total tool out of myself for saying something that makes no sense fe).

These are excellent reasons for not posting in your real name. The first one ID theft is a big one. I have personal experience in that domain and it is the reason, I do not use any social media without alaises.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

a question regarding the use of real names - Page 2 Empty Re: a question regarding the use of real names

Post by genetic judoka Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 am

gonna delete this thread in an hour or so, that way we don't cause any more confusion, the issue has more or less been decided that names won't be necessary.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:20 am

genetic judoka wrote:gonna delete this thread in an hour or so, that way we don't cause any more confusion, the issue has more or less been decided that names won't be necessary.

Suggestion. Don't delete but lock. This way a new poster with these questions can read this and not start a new thread.

Mike
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 am

good idea. locking it now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 am