E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+4
Judo Dad
ThePieman
Stacey
judoratt
8 posters

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it?

Poll

Will you watch the game

[ 5 ]
    Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Bar_left45%Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Bar_right [45%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Bar_left55%Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Bar_right [55%] 

Total Votes: 11
    judoratt
    judoratt

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Empty Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it?

Post by judoratt Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:34 pm

I rarely miss the game, most times the comercials are better than the game.Smile
    Stacey
    Stacey

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Empty Re: Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it?

Post by Stacey Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 pm

no cable tv = no game. Doesn't hurt as much as missing the Olympics. We can find other things to do - read, work some metal, make some books or boxes, walk the dog, avoid cleaning, go grocery shopping, take a long, hot bubble bath, etc.
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Empty Re: Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it?

Post by ThePieman Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:08 pm

The Superbowl is usually shown for free over here as there is little interest in it and its often shown late at night.

Can anyone tell me anything about this game that would get me interested enough to watch it?

Lets start with who is playing, any history between the two sides?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:06 am

ThePieman wrote:The Superbowl is usually shown for free over here as there is little interest in it and its often shown late at night.

Can anyone tell me anything about this game that would get me interested enough to watch it?

Lets start with who is playing, any history between the two sides?

It all starts with the quarterbacks. Joe Flacco of the Ravens has been the best quarterback in the playoffs with 8 TD's and 0 INTs. Colin Kaepernick of the 49ers is a rookie who has been sensational. I believe the Super Bowl will be his 10th professional game of his young career. I predict the game will be a close one with the Ravens coming out on top. Most people think the 49ers will win but I have to believe Kaepernick's inexperience will be exposed in this game. Both defenses are excellent and both teams have a formidable running game. I don't think it will be a high scoring game and if I was going to set an over/under line I'd set it at 46 points and I'd take the under. I can't wait to see this game and honestly I don't have a rooting interest in any team.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am

Great over view Dave, I think SF is going to win but I will be rooting for the Ravens. It is rare that the Super Bowl lives up to expectations. One of the bigest things that I look forward to are the comercials, the price to run a 30 second shot is $3 million most are first run and always well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3TZAveZ2Pc

Try these:D:lol:
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 am

Right then, I'm going to watch my first Superbowl! cyclops

It starts Sunday night at 23:30 GMT here.

I'm afraid I do not have any Budweiser, I do have a Gevrey Chambertin 2005 that will have to do. drunken
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:08 pm

What is a superbowl Embarassed?
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 am

Judo Dad wrote:What is a superbowl Embarassed?

This is the championship game for the NFL US football. There will be 111 millon TV's in the US tuned to the event. As I said before many times the comercials are beter than the Game. Here is another comercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzSpvKRWGk
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? Empty Thanks Mate

Post by Judo Dad Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm

[quote="judoratt"]
    Judo Dad wrote:What is a superbowl Embarassed?

This is the championship game for the NFL US football. There will be 111 millon TV's in the US tuned to the event. As I said before many times the comercials are beter than the Game. Here is another comercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzSpvKRWGk[/quote]

The link really didn't explain the superbowl but my 11 year old twin boys liked it!
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm

The price of a Super Bowl ad spot climbed to a record-breaking $3.5 million this year,
    and that’s just for the 30 seconds of air time. Companies still need to
    invest in filming and producing their commercials, which ratchets the
    total investment upwards of $5 million. Companies making such a large
    investment must know what they are doing, right? Analytical programs and
    market experts suggest maybe not.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/02/03/super-bowl-commercials-are-all-bang-no-buck/

Advertisers may counter with the argument that Super Bowl commercials,
    despite their high price, still offer a bargain in terms of cost per
    viewer. Stevens doesn’t buy it. “It’s not a bargain if there isn’t a
    tangible benefit,” he argues. “If you didn’t make any money back, it
    wasn’t a bargain.”

Hmm. Some judo relevance perhaps ... a question of the principle of maximum efficiency?
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays

Post by nomoremondays Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:31 pm

go 49ers. Cannot stand that faker pRay Lewis!
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:54 pm

nomoremondays wrote:go 49ers. Cannot stand that faker pRay Lewis!

I'll take the Ravens if you give me three points. I belive that is the line.
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays

Post by nomoremondays Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 am

judoratt wrote:

I'm gonna have to decline this time JR. I lost way to much money this season. Did not win a single dang time! Regular season or post season. I have entered a box pool and that will be it this season for me.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am

nomoremondays wrote:
    judoratt wrote:

I'm gonna have to decline this time JR. I lost way to much money this season. Did not win a single dang time! Regular season or post season. I have entered a box pool and that will be it this season for me.

I was just going to bet push ups or something but it sounds like you shouldn't even take that. BTW I am also tired of Ray Lewis, but being from Seattle it is harder to root for SF. Enjoy the game:)
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 am

less than half an hour to the kickoff Super Bowl pieman must be almost midnight over there. Hope you're enjoying a bottle of wine I'm just heading to the Super Bowl party . Let me know what you folks think about the game and or the commercials.
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

judoratt wrote: less than half an hour to the kickoff Super Bowl pieman must be almost midnight over there. Hope you're enjoying a bottle of wine I'm just heading to the Super Bowl party . Let me know what you folks think about the game and or the commercials.

Yeah,

23:15 here, just about to do the national anthem.

It wasn't until I saw your post and checked the time that I saw how long this program is on for!

5 HOURS!!! affraid

What the hell is going to take 5 hours? Didn't I hear a stat that the actual play is on average 10 minutes?

Good job I have a back up Beaujolais! drunken
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 pm

What a halftime show high def. I wonder if hannon is watching. Smile
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:42 pm

judoratt wrote:What a halftime show high def. I wonder if hannon is watching. Smile

Watching, watching, what makes you think that he isn't the one singing the national anthem ?! Very Happy
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Lights out for half an hour!

Well, what do you expect? Winding Hanon up like that.... Rolling Eyes
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:53 pm

So you found Hannon he sure can sing, I found CK ► 0:31► 0:31

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAN33oyLes

LaughingLaughing
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:10 pm

This is one of my favorites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvxZcULxfKw
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm

judoratt wrote:So you found Hannon he sure can sing, I found CK ► 0:31► 0:31

LaughingLaughing

Ha, ha, ha, ha, haaa !! cheers cheers cheers
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    judoratt wrote:So you found Hannon he sure can sing, I found CK ► 0:31► 0:31

LaughingLaughing

Ha, ha, ha, ha, haaa !! cheers cheers cheers

I didn't know you were married, your wife is hot.ShockedShocked
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:45 pm

I belive Ben Reinhart is in this one.

http://jalopnik.com/5981323/rams-paul-harvey-farmer-commercial-is-the-best-ad-of-the-super-bowl?utm_source=gawker.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 pm

judoratt wrote:

I didn't know you were married, your wife is hot.ShockedShocked

Thanks, Judoratt, yes, her name is Cricket:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:23 pm