E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+4
Judo Dad
ThePieman
Stacey
judoratt
8 posters

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it?

Poll

Will you watch the game

[ 5 ]
    Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? - Page 2 Bar_left45%Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? - Page 2 Bar_right [45%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? - Page 2 Bar_left55%Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? - Page 2 Bar_right [55%] 

Total Votes: 11
    judoratt
    judoratt

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it?

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Any thoughts on who this is?

http://jalopnik.com/5981295/the-godaddy-ad-was-not-disgusting-or-demeaning-to-women-at-all

Last edited by judoratt on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any thoughts on the Super Bowl? Are you going to watch it?

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 pm

judoratt wrote:Anu thoughts on who this is?

http://jalopnik.com/5981295/the-godaddy-ad-was-not-disgusting-or-demeaning-to-women-at-all

No, but the woman certainly is drop-dead gorgeous. I'd be willing to offer her a burger for free. I'll even throw in some pop.
    cuivien
    cuivien

Post by cuivien Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:38 pm

The female in question is Bar Refaeli, a model who also have her own line of "sensual underwear that encapsulates her understated style and her love of the natural"

Here's the version of the ad that was rejected for being "too sexy" (on a personal note, I much prefer this vid: Youtube)

Youtube - extended Superbowl ad

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 am

With the exception of my prediction on the over/under the game ended up being what I thought it would be. I didn't excpect a 21 - 6 halftime score but I expected the game to come down to the wire. I expected Joe Flacco to look good and Colin Kaepernick to make mistakes, which he did. I felt Jacoby Jones should have been awarded Super Bowl MVP but Joe Flacco was deserving. I just think it's easy to pick a QB as Super Bowl MVP. It was a good game despite the lights going off.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 am

cuivien wrote:The female in question is Bar Refaeli, a model who also have her own line of "sensual underwear that encapsulates her understated style and her love of the natural"

Here's the version of the ad that was rejected for being "too sexy" (on a personal note, I much prefer this vid: Youtube)

Dear Cuivien,

May I say that I think you have become one of the most valuable additions to this new forum. I regard your response as a crucial contribution to my research !

Thanks again ! I owe you a beer.
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 am

So, the game was enjoyable, from what I understood of it. Very Happy

There were no adverts on our broadcast, I presume that is because none of the company's I have seen so far operate over here. Sad

During half time at football games here we usually do something like, pluck some members of the crowd out to try and chip the ball onto the crossbar from the penalty spot to win a phone, so to see the pitch turn into something from Fifth Element certainly qualified as entertainment and did a good job at waking me up from an unscheduled 2nd quarter nap. Sleep

The one thing that shocked me was the handing of the trophy to the owner, what's all that about? The trophy should be handed to the captain, followed by the rest of the team; didn't get that bit. scratch

Overall, I'd say it was an amazing spectacle, with a game going on as well, and work permitting I will be watching it again next year.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 am

ThePieman wrote:The one thing that shocked me was the handing of the trophy to the owner, what's all that about? The trophy should be handed to the captain, followed by the rest of the team; didn't get that bit. scratch

I don't like seeing the owner be the first one to hoist the trophy but I understand why. Many owners put their finances, time, resources, ect... into building a winning team. The Glazer family who owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (my local team) also owns Manchester United. Since they purchased the club Man U (from what I understand) has won several championships. Such victories are a source of pride for the owners. I have no idea of Joel and Brian Glazer go down to the field and hoist a Premiere League trophy when Man U wins. In American sports it's quite common. I'm OK with owners being down there to celebrate but let the players and coaches have at it first.
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 am

Dave R. wrote:
    ThePieman wrote:The one thing that shocked me was the handing of the trophy to the owner, what's all that about? The trophy should be handed to the captain, followed by the rest of the team; didn't get that bit. scratch

I don't like seeing the owner be the first one to hoist the trophy but I understand why. Many owners put their finances, time, resources, ect... into building a winning team. The Glazer family who owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (my local team) also owns Manchester United. Since they purchased the club Man U (from what I understand) has won several championships. Such victories are a source of pride for the owners. I have no idea of Joel and Brian Glazer go down to the field and hoist a Premiere League trophy when Man U wins. In American sports it's quite common. I'm OK with owners being down there to celebrate but let the players and coaches have at it first.

Well Man U have been winning for a long time before the Glazers got there, in fact they lost the league to their closest rivals last year, the Glazers are far from winning any popularity awards within the club. It looks though like they will regain the title this year and I'm pretty confident that they will be clapping from the stands when the trophy is lifted.
    cuivien
    cuivien

Post by cuivien Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    cuivien wrote:The female in question is Bar Refaeli, a model who also have her own line of "sensual underwear that encapsulates her understated style and her love of the natural"

Dear Cuivien,

May I say that I think you have become one of the most valuable additions to this new forum. I regard your response as a crucial contribution to my research !

Thanks again ! I owe you a beer.

you're most welcome Smile

I'm hoping to get around to attending the shochû-geiko this year, so if you're around have NBK point me out. I much enjoy a ice-cold bottle (or four) of Sapporo and some edamame.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am