E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+39
NBK
Blacksmith
Tsurumaki
johan smits
j13smiley
medo
raphaelhudson
Judofan
Peahen
Rensa
seatea
Cichorei Kano
Stacey
accident_prone
Ben Reinhardt
genetic judoka
Jonesy
BillC
sodo
Billiam
Ricebale
Davaro
Jimgo
judoratt
JudoSensei
Dutch Budo
Admin
Carlo
Vin
Ouch_that_hurts
Judo Dad
Hanon
OldeEnglishD
Taiobroshi
afja_lm139
Quicksilver
Creamy creamy baileys
ThePieman
NYCNewbie
43 posters

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum

Hanon

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 3 Empty Re: I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:59 am

ThePieman wrote:Yes,

Seems fine: [url=http://www.judoinfo.com/new/
    http://www.judoinfo.com/new/[/quote[/url]]

That takes one to the site NOT the forum. I just clicked your URL and was warned I had been attacked by a Trojan?

What on earth is going on with the old JF?

Mike
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 3 Empty Re: I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum

Post by Jonesy Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 am

Long ago stopped caring.....
    Carlo
    Carlo

Post by Carlo Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:17 am

It's such a shame the old forum is as it is now. I have been looking for information on Kaeshi-no-kata and found this Thread. Unfortunately I could only access 3 of the 4 pages of discussion.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:27 am

Carlo wrote:It's such a shame the old forum is as it is now. I have been looking for information on Kaeshi-no-kata and found this Thread. Unfortunately I could only access 3 of the 4 pages of discussion.

Kaeshi kata was said to be one of my more successfully executed kata? I warn you research into these kata can be a nightmare as there are several different versions apparently founded by several different sensei over the years even to the extent of the number and type of waza used!

Mike
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:28 am

Jonesy wrote:Long ago stopped caring.....

I wanted to look up some posts on the Ju no kata. Some information there is golden. I cant even get to the site.

Mike
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:08 am

[quote="Hanon"]
    ThePieman wrote:Yes,

Seems fine: http://www.judoinfo.com/new/[/quote]

That takes one to the site NOT the forum. I just clicked your URL and was warned I had been attacked by a Trojan?

What on earth is going on with the old JF?

Mike

You asked for judoinfo. scratch
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:29 am

I'm just glad that this one got up and running before it was too late to tell people about it.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 am

sodo lite wrote:
    Judo Dad wrote:It is a shame to loose some of the great articles on the old JF site but this is a golden opportunity to start afresh and develop an even better site. So far this site appears free from trolls and undesirables which is most fortunate. Very Happy

Sorry Judo Dad but i got in anyway Very Happy

Hi all,

It;s your ever friendly, politicaly incorrect paddy from Germany here.

Since it is a brand new forum with lots of "nice" people wanting sensible conversations about judo I have decided to act appropriately (at first) and have given myself a suitable new handle. sodo lite, bit I may have to change back to the old sodo once the rest of the riff raff turn up.

all the best

sodo lite

I like Diet Sodo better.

Glad to see you here !

Ben
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 am

genetic judoka wrote:I'm just glad that this one got up and running before it was too late to tell people about it.

Indeed so.

It is still an awful shame to see the old JF so dysfunctional though. So much golden information posted there, rather unique. Still nothing stays the same forever does it?

Mike

Last edited by Hanon on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:09 am

I like Diet Sodo better.

Glad to see you here !

Ben

well I have lost a bit since Christmas Smile nice to see you are hear aswell

atb

sodo lite
    accident_prone
    accident_prone

Post by accident_prone Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 am

i'm here too in case you all missed me
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:56 am

accident_prone wrote:i'm here too in case you all missed me

By the look of that foot I think we all stood on you!affraid

How are you doing? Dare I ask?

Mike
    accident_prone
    accident_prone

Post by accident_prone Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:06 am

Hanon wrote:
    accident_prone wrote:i'm here too in case you all missed me

By the look of that foot I think we all stood on you!affraid

How are you doing? Dare I ask?

Mike

oh that's an old injury from a couple of years back, probably one of my most minor (was able to tape it up and get back on the mat.) since then i had a torn quadriceps and a separated AC joint (shoulder) and most recently a sprained MCL (i am accident prone after all.) The MCL has recovered nicely and i'm just about 100%, thanks for asking Smile
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 am

What do your partner's look like? Very Happy
    accident_prone
    accident_prone

Post by accident_prone Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:37 am

judoratt wrote:
    What do your partner's look like? Very Happy

pretty much like this, only in a judogi

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 3 Dfcde6c362ceaf85e092122c5680a5e7

i joke, i joke. they're good guys and *mostly* don't play like silverback gorillas, but i just have an amazing talent for getting injured.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 pm

i was probably like everybody else - I hung on for as long as i could, but there were too many glitches, including but not limited to the new software iteration making me actually remember my log-in. I couldn't do it. There was nobody to contact regarding getting back into the forum, so I said, "bye-bye" and have been filling myself with ice cream and judo in the interim.

Nice to see some familiar faces. Nicer still to have access without too much trouble. Let's see how this rolls.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm

the original stacey wrote:i was probably like everybody else - I hung on for as long as i could, but there were too many glitches, including but not limited to the new software iteration making me actually remember my log-in. I couldn't do it. There was nobody to contact regarding getting back into the forum, so I said, "bye-bye" and have been filling myself with ice cream and judo in the interim.

Nice to see some familiar faces. Nicer still to have access without too much trouble. Let's see how this rolls.

You need a cool avatar. I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 3 Little_monster_stacey_button-p145985466160663410en872_216
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

BillC wrote:
    the original stacey wrote:i was probably like everybody else - I hung on for as long as i could, but there were too many glitches, including but not limited to the new software iteration making me actually remember my log-in. I couldn't do it. There was nobody to contact regarding getting back into the forum, so I said, "bye-bye" and have been filling myself with ice cream and judo in the interim.

You need a cool avatar. I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 3 Little_monster_stacey_button-p145985466160663410en872_216

now that's an avatar even i can embrace!
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Stacey wrote:There was nobody to contact regarding getting back into the forum, so I said, "bye-bye" and have been filling myself with ice cream and judo in the interim.

There are precedents:

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 3 Vanill10
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

OK, you win the avatar battle!
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:32 pm

ThePieman wrote:Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

OK, you win the avatar battle!

++
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 am

I'll find the history sub-forum to be the greatest loss. There was a lot of information there I have no other way to access, some of it going back years.
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 am

Jimgo wrote:However there was a lot of subjective argument, repetition and general nonsense that was also posted. Why would one want to enshrine that?

Is it possible or even desirable to select the best quality information threads and keep them. Not every thread was worthy of keeping. Mind you sorting through would be a hell of a job!

To be fair, that's the same as in any other internet forum and I doubt this one will be any different.
    Rensa
    Rensa

Post by Rensa Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm

When you take ukemi, focus to get up again and continue. Having learned a lesson.
    The same is true for forums. Go on, don't look back.
    Peahen

Post by Peahen Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 am

I have finally arrived Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 pm