E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+39
NBK
Blacksmith
Tsurumaki
johan smits
j13smiley
medo
raphaelhudson
Judofan
Peahen
Rensa
seatea
Cichorei Kano
Stacey
accident_prone
Ben Reinhardt
genetic judoka
Jonesy
BillC
sodo
Billiam
Ricebale
Davaro
Jimgo
judoratt
JudoSensei
Dutch Budo
Admin
Carlo
Vin
Ouch_that_hurts
Judo Dad
Hanon
OldeEnglishD
Taiobroshi
afja_lm139
Quicksilver
Creamy creamy baileys
ThePieman
NYCNewbie
43 posters

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum

Judofan

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 4 Empty Re: I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum

Post by Judofan Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 am

me too Smile

I think there are a few more paddling over ...
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum - Page 4 Empty Re: I still can't believe what's happened to the (original) JudoForum

Post by ThePieman Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 am

Ahha,

I see you managed to bunk in over the back wall eh? Rolling Eyes
    raphaelhudson

Post by raphaelhudson Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Well at least I finally found out that the whole forum had not just decided to stop posting!
    raphaelhudson

Post by raphaelhudson Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:57 pm

What about all the archived judoforum content. Is it lost?
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

No, just a jumbled mess.

I believe one of the members here has it in the boot Like a Star @ heaven of his car! What a Face

Like a Star @ heaven Boot=Trunk

Last edited by ThePieman on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    Peahen

Post by Peahen Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 am

so can we start slaggin them off as well as BJA Razz
    So yes we can start afresh here as the BJA still has not activated a forum for us on their beloved web site!
    medo

Post by medo Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 am

Peahen wrote:so can we start slaggin them off as well as BJA Razz
    So yes we can start afresh here as the BJA still has not activated a forum for us on their beloved web site!

Is it not amazing that this site was up and running in just a day or two Rolling Eyes

Penhen we don’t slag the BJA off we try to lead them, steer them into debate, give them ideas to improve things, for one, ideas to put in his manifesto!

I do hope the Haff finds his way here and communicates what’s happening. I'm sure there doing there best lol!

Somehow I think the top team is jumping with joy that the old forums collapsed.

Peahen

Post by Peahen Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

medo wrote:

Is it not amazing that this site was up and running in just a day or two Rolling Eyes

Penhen we don’t slag the BJA off we try to lead them, steer them into debate, give them ideas to improve things, for one, ideas to put in his manifesto!

I do hope the Haff finds his way here and communicates what’s happening. I'm sure there doing there best lol!

APologies my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that comment. Of course we do have sensible options for BJA yes it would be good to see the Haff here, anyone got access to him? I am sure more and more will find this place to chat and discuss and of course pontificate.

Now then.....some upsets at the British Trials then.....
    medo

Post by medo Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Peahen wrote:
    medo wrote:

APologies my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that comment. Of course we do have sensible options for BJA yes it would be good to see the Haff here, anyone got access to him? I am sure more and more will find this place to chat and discuss and of course pontificate.

Yes please bounce perhaps in the "other org" thread Arrow
    I would love a bit off gossip while snowed in Wink
    Peahen

Post by Peahen Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

medo wrote:
    Peahen wrote:
    medo wrote:

Yes please bounce perhaps in the "other org" thread Arrow
    I would love a bit off gossip while snowed in Wink
    Done 2 new threads up in the other organisation part......What has happened to the review and British Trials in competition section. Not snowed in here in Scotland yet but still snowing
    j13smiley
    j13smiley

Post by j13smiley Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 am

so do we know what exactly happened?

this thread seems to state that judoinfo.com and JF were sold and no longer maintained by neil?

i understand losing the info in the forums... but what about the judoinfo website info? there was a ton of stuff there - some (like the documents) i can't get to anymore, plus it's full of popups and craziness. will all the pics / video / writings from the website be moved or saved? that's a little easier compared to the forums (unless some one has access to the database).
    johan smits

Post by johan smits Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 am

Hi guys,

I understand there is not going to be a massive input from the old Judoinfo. We at least got a pretty good example of what a really fine forum should contain. For me as a geek mostly interested in history (and also in kata) I really applaud the initiative to create this forum. Up to us all to maintain the standard of exchange of info and subject overhere.

Happy landings.
    Tsurumaki

Post by Tsurumaki Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:47 pm

raphaelhudson wrote:What about all the archived judoforum content. Is it lost?

It can be a bit hard to access, but it can be done with a bit of experimenting. I've been tracking down some stuff I put up on the old forum, mostly on the History forum.
    I also have a few items from my brother's (Richard Bowen) judo history archive and some Leggett items which might bear reposting here...

ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm

That would be much appreciated.
    NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 am

Is there any way to save stuff onto here by, say, crediting JudoForum?

Can Ezoic really sue this board for cutting and pasting old JudoForum threads? What if those threads were altered (words left out/responses omitted, or maybe a line across each old post stating "as seen originally in the JudoForum" or whatever).

I'm just thinking that it's such a crime to let all that wonderful stuff die on the vine... And we're talking internet postings- not magazine articles for Christsakes! I'm guessing that it wouldn't be kosher to port threads over in their entirety but about pieces of them? You can put up a "piece" of a published article- why not a piece of some thread no one but a handful of Judoka even gives a crap about?

I feel like we should do more than just let it wither and perish.
    Blacksmith
    Blacksmith

Post by Blacksmith Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:45 pm

I just took a look over at the old forum. I'm still not sure that I buy in to how their user metrics are reported, but if they are correct, they have had no new posts for over 24 hours, and currently only have 4 members signed in at the moment.

If the Ezoic mission was death by benign neglect, I'd say they can just about break out the bubbly.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:37 pm

The new owners can't be bothered to maintain the old site, can't image they'd bother to read this forum. Or sue anyone for what?

I'm going to cut and paste some history threads, they come out as a mess, but lots of it was my input, and I don't want it lost.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 pm

NBK wrote:The new owners can't be bothered to maintain the old site, can't image they'd bother to read this forum. Or sue anyone for what?

I'm going to cut and paste some history threads, they come out as a mess, but lots of it was my input, and I don't want it lost.

Talking of suing. I think we should sue exoic for neglect! Very Happy:D. I cant realy comment in a serious manner regarding what exoic own and don't own. I can write they do not own what I wrote on the JF and I have every legal write to reproduce my work where I desire. Maybe worth being cautious copying other posters work though? I just don't know?

I know how you feel about lost work. Some of the threads on the old JF are unique. It all simply beggars belief.

How are things with you? I miss very much reading your invaluable posts and contributions to judo. I thank you for again making the effort to share your knowledge here with us. You have my respects.

Mike
    Peahen

Post by Peahen Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Hanon wrote:
    NBK wrote:The new owners can't be bothered to maintain the old site, can't image they'd bother to read this forum. Or sue anyone for what?

Talking of suing. I think we should sue exoic for neglect! Very Happy:D. I cant realy comment in a serious manner regarding what exoic own and don't own. I can write they do not own what I wrote on the JF and I have every legal write to reproduce my work where I desire. Maybe worth being cautious copying other posters work though? I just don't know?

I know how you feel about lost work. Some of the threads on the old JF are unique. It all simply beggars belief.

How are things with you? I miss very much reading your invaluable posts and contributions to judo. I thank you for again making the effort to share your knowledge here with us. You have my respects.

Mike
    THey own the site not the content so it is fine to cut and paster threads over. It might even be helpful to remind some of the members that this site is here and we would like them to join. The word is not spreading fast enough for those Brits who previously posted.

NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:42 am

Hanon wrote:

Mike
    Things are fine, thank you for the kind words.

A bit more personal time available the past couple of months which I spent sorting through a real pile of books and a very large number of Japanese papers on topics related to my research. I sort of let my research get out of hand, bought and copied way too much I probably won't ever be able to use, and went down lots of (granted, very interesting, at times!) rabbit holes, but have found some real gems. Rode 3 hrs today at 2C to copy a paper in a far west Tokyo library, but, some day it's the search, not the finding, that's fun sometimes.

There are some nice folks doing some very good academic work around the origin of bushido these days. Like most of us, they stand on the shoulders of a handful of real pioneers.

Trust me, if the buying party of the old site was concerned about the integrity of the posts and the miserably small amount of business that posters like you and I bring, they'd maintain the site. And they clearly don't. I reckon that much of it is gone. Anything we can salvage would be welcome, could be paraphrased, whatever we can do to save it.

There's plenty more to come, lots of interesting things. And some dumb stuff, too.

Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 am

For an all original Judo Website check out the site at: http://www.judozen.com/
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

Judo Dad wrote:

Why do (white) people have to put "zen" into so many things to make them more Japanesy? Cool

I know ...
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 am

BillC wrote:
    Judo Dad wrote:

Why do (white) people have to put "zen" into so many things to make them more Japanesy? Cool

I know ...

What makes you think they're white people, I think the good people running http://www.judozen.com/ are more olive in colour.

BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 am

Judo Dad wrote:
    What makes you think they're white people, I think the good people running http://www.judozen.com/ are more olive in colour.

Just a wild guess ... "Zen-inspired luxury hotel" ... "zen body massage" ... "zen steaks" ... in California at least the more the zen, the paler the pasty white skin.

Me? I prefer to refer to myself as ... pale.
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:16 am

Ahhhhh California that explains it. Zen steaks - lol! reminds me of "You can't win friends with salad" ~ Simpson, H and Simpson, B (2007).

Perhaps http://www.judozen.com/ are using the term Zen as in contemplation/meditation i.e., their site is a place to contemplate Judo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:51 pm