E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+23
Q mystic
Ashi Waza
ilikemilk
Kiichisai
aussieJudo
Andre_Mikalov
NBK
jitakyouei
kiwi0810
AussieJudoka
Judo Dad
Ben Reinhardt
Old Chestnut
BillC
Jonesy
Cichorei Kano
judoratt
Steve Leadbeater
rjohnston411
genetic judoka
jkw
Davaro
Ricebale
27 posters

Australian Nationals - Curious sights!

Old Chestnut

Australian Nationals - Curious sights! - Page 4 Empty Re: Australian Nationals - Curious sights!

Post by Old Chestnut Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:46 am

Given what I've read in this thread so far, to describe it as

Ashi Waza wrote:...a monumental lapse of judgement by a small group of people...

rather brushes it under the carpet.
    Kiichisai

Australian Nationals - Curious sights! - Page 4 Empty Re: Australian Nationals - Curious sights!

Post by Kiichisai Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:51 am

The JFA Directors are a small group of people.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:46 am

Andre_Mikalov wrote:You no wear underpants at judo??!!! That dangerous when you get thrown!!??  Shocked

This is only a problem for those with big balls, me I have no problem. Rolling Eyes
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am

One positive thing from this is we have got some new posters .thumbup1

Anyway you spin it it's still a joke.Rolling Eyes
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:45 am

I saw a email from Mathew Hill after this 'event' i will paste a small section of the mail below (the rest was about the nationals in general which i am happy to post if someone wants it)

My opinion of the events of Sunday night were that there was nothing that happened at the dinner or during the Open Weight competition that was not appropriate for the setting. For those people who have been trying to suggest that there is no time or place for a man in his underwear than I would advise you not to attend a beach, pool or live taping of the footy show, NRL or AFL anytime soon. The attempts at comedy entertainment during the evening may not have been as sophisticated as some might want but we are strictly amateur, unscripted and unable to please all the people all the time.

The Open Weight competition was not ever supposed to be comparable to the seriousness of the finals of each individual weight category. The changes to the time limit (4 min) and allowance of a warning for leg grabs should have made this clear. In previous years the Open has been subjected to entries from whoever is willing to stay around at the end of the tournament and has had a number of years without even being run. We were able to showcase the strong history of Australian judo that is still interested in attending the Nationals with the Parade of Champions and had a fantastic debut from Aris from Victoria who proved himself to be a quality judoka with a big future and an entertaining individual.

I am sure you all have your opinion of the night, some in agreement with me and some not. I would suggest that you take the evening in the spirit that it was intended, a night to have fun, and then if you still think that certain things were not done as you would like please let me know. If you do think that this was a great night and extremely enjoyable then please get out there and let it be known before there are any repercussions for individuals that are not supported by the wider judo community.

I'm stunned someone with some clout in the JFA would even craft such a response. It's one thing to get this explanation if you catch someone off guard but Matthew Hill thought about this and typed it up prior to sending this response. Too bad for the Judoka in Australia. It seems like you have a handful of people controlling everything and no one else outside of their clique have anything to say about it. Of course, the best way to make a change is to stop funding the JFA. Perhaps then they will get the message loud and clear.

What a disgrace!
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 am

Dave R. wrote:

I saw a email from Mathew Hill after this 'event' i will paste a small section of the mail below (the rest was about the nationals in general which i am happy to post if someone wants it)

My opinion of the events of Sunday night were that there was nothing that happened at the dinner or during the Open Weight competition that was not appropriate for the setting. For those people who have been trying to suggest that there is no time or place for a man in his underwear than I would advise you not to attend a beach, pool or live taping of the footy show, NRL or AFL anytime soon. The attempts at comedy entertainment during the evening may not have been as sophisticated as some might want but we are strictly amateur, unscripted and unable to please all the people all the time.

The Open Weight competition was not ever supposed to be comparable to the seriousness of the finals of each individual weight category. The changes to the time limit (4 min) and allowance of a warning for leg grabs should have made this clear. In previous years the Open has been subjected to entries from whoever is willing to stay around at the end of the tournament and has had a number of years without even being run. We were able to showcase the strong history of Australian judo that is still interested in attending the Nationals with the Parade of Champions and had a fantastic debut from Aris from Victoria who proved himself to be a quality judoka with a big future and an entertaining individual.

I am sure you all have your opinion of the night, some in agreement with me and some not. I would suggest that you take the evening in the spirit that it was intended, a night to have fun, and then if you still think that certain things were not done as you would like please let me know. If you do think that this was a great night and extr
    emely enjoyable then please get out there and let it be known before there are any repercussions for individuals that are not supported by the wider judo community.

Shocked
    I'm stunned someone with some clout in the JFA would even craft such a response. It's one thing to get this explanation if you catch someone off guard but Matthew Hill thought about this and typed it up prior to sending this response. Too bad for the Judoka in Australia. It seems like you have a handful of people controlling everything and no one else outside of their clique have anything to say about it. Of course, the best way to make a change is to stop funding the JFA. Perhaps then they will get the message loud and clear.

What a disgrace!

All I can say is wow!
    Andre_Mikalov

Post by Andre_Mikalov Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 am

Andre_Mikalov wrote: You no wear underpants at judo??!!! That dangerous when you get thrown!!??  Shocked

judoratt wrote: This is only a problem for those with big balls, me I have no problem. Rolling Eyes

Andre_Mikalov wrote: Me no know big or small. Me know if me be thrown, me have BIG problem. They bouncing big on floor and me think this be big problem and big dangerous.  Crying or Very sad BJJ no have this problem Very Happy
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 am

why is it so bad? Sumo guys go with their shorts tucked like this. Just seems not funny in this case. No biggie.

I hold nothing vs Australians for this. Still a fave. Just tell them to cool it.

...and they shouldn't have made Ivos fight tuff guys so quick in mma.lol

The rules..yes, but that's why he did this, right?

Last edited by Q mystic on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 am

Kiichisai wrote:The JFA Directors are a small group of people.   

With even smaller minds and bloody great big egos.....unfortunately they are the ones in charge.
    Andre_Mikalov

Post by Andre_Mikalov Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 am

Andre_Mikalov wrote:
    Kiichisai wrote:The JFA Directors are a small group of people.

And what for you say this Mr Kiichisai? This good or this bad?  

Matt Hill letter (it true?) look like JFA have no problem with underpants thing but look like plenty people have BIG problem to me.  And problem not be same problem for me with balls bounce off mat. Problem be true problem with not so good for Judo this look, for all world. How JFA Director fix problem if think no problem? confused
    Andre_Mikalov

Post by Andre_Mikalov Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:17 am

Q mystic wrote: why is it so bad? Sumo guys go with their shorts tucked like this. Just seems not funny in this case. No biggie.

Swim guys too have like underpants. It be not pulled up anus. Me think if they pull up anus, they be too in big trouble with swim people.

Sumo guys too have like underpants. Sumo no make fun with girl. Sumo tradition. No make fun with underpants. Me think BIG trouble with Japan if Sumo make fun like this.

Me do like beach volleyball girls. Very Happy:lol:(but no lik beach volleyball guys). But me think this be problem at Judo too.

Underpants guy and these people try be funny, but not funny for Judo.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:24 am

judoratt wrote:One positive thing from this is we have got some new posters .thumbup1

Anyway you spin it it's still a joke.Rolling Eyes

Yes, me think like e-judo so much join several times.Rolling Eyes
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:26 am

Please support AussieJudoka (Chris Dawkins) by clicking like and commenting on her Wedgieman Judo Facebook post on 774 ABC Melbourne
    Kiichisai

Post by Kiichisai Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 am

The people who have to solve this problem: In the first place Neville Sharpe, Chairman of JFA Referee Commission and President of Victoria State Judo, Michael Briers (NSW), President of JFA, Stewart Brain (Qld) Secretary JFA, Paul Rooke (Vic) Treasurer JFA, and directors of JFA Michael Picken (Vic), Alan Broadhead (NSW).  Most being former top competitors including an Olympian.  Check them out.  Of course Mark (underpants) Callaway could go a long way towards solving the problem by resigning from all official positions.
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Mikalov, I see. For sure. It wasn't THAT 'crazy' but still HAS to be stopped in it's tracks. I agree.
    AussieJudoka
    AussieJudoka

Post by AussieJudoka Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:53 pm

David Gordge, President of the Australian Kodokan Judo Association (AKJA) has made a comment in response to my post regarding the Wedgieman Incident on the "774 ABC Melbourne" facebook page. Mr Gordge has made it crystal clear that sexism in sport is not, and will not be tollerated by the AKJA. Bravo Mr Gordge, the AKJA and all those who have been prepared to take a stand against sexism in sport.
    aussieJudo

Post by aussieJudo Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:37 am

Some may think this is a shameful disrespectful but  isolated incident.
     They would be very wrong in that assumption as  this is one in a long list of indiscretions that have been hushed up by those in charge of the  JFA.
      Fortunately video evidence  has stopped the JFA from conducting their usual cover up this time.
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:52 am

Believe me, some of the things that have been covered up would make your hair stand on end !!
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 am

Steve Leadbeater wrote:Believe me, some of the things that have been covered up would make your hair stand on end !!

Australian Nationals - Curious sights! - Page 4 Donald-trump-217x300
    AussieJudoka
    AussieJudoka

Post by AussieJudoka Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:08 am

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke
    aussieJudo

Post by aussieJudo Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

Drunken after parties with underage drinking physical  assaults sexual assaults
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 pm

aussieJudo wrote:Drunken after parties with underage drinking physical  assaults sexual assaults

Hmmm ... where else in the judo world have I heard of such things recently? Oh yeah ...
    AussieJudoka
    AussieJudoka

Post by AussieJudoka Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Now is the time to come forward.
    aussieJudo

Post by aussieJudo Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:08 pm

This young player aged 15 was choked unconscious and was allowed to fight in the remainder of the competition. Australian Nationals  The JFA and the national referee commission of which Mark calaway is a commissioner need to answer Why did the disregard the sporting code and allow a cadet to continue after he  lost consciousness due to shime waza ?????

7.13 of the Sporting code

For Cadets competition, application of kansetsu waz
    a (arm locks and shime waza (strangles) is allowed:
    An
    athlete who has lost consciousness due to shime waz
    a, or any other reason will not allowed to continue
    in the
    competition and should be referred to medical staff

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:54 pm